- Jaguar Land Rover
- Fen End
- Closing date
- 30 Sep 2022
- Job Type
You'll be part of the Vehicle Personalisation CAD and Package Engineering team. As a VP Concept and Package Engineer, you'll be responsible for the package from concept to the end-of-life phase across all Jaguar and Land Rover VP Content..
* Creation of VP concept proposals in the form of vehicle architecture package layouts.
* Creation of outline component and system proposals to further the vehicle package development.
* Definition and development of detailed vehicle packages at the whole vehicle or package zone level.
* Tracking and monitoring resolution of all geometric issues within a package zone.
* Mediation and negotiation between CoC areas to develop solutions for geometric issues within a package zone.
* Support of the package process to deliver high quality, clash free virtual car definitions, co-ordinating the activities of all CoC's by use of ad-hoc and official package zone meetings.
* Support of VP clash detection and virtual fitting assessment process
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
● Previous experience in packaging engineering
● Working knowledge of Design Engineering
● Possess excellent organisational and business interface skills
● Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
● Experience of CATIA for detail or packaging design. (Other 3D CAD experience will be considered)
● An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
● An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
● A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
● An effective team player who supports team members
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes.
We have been automotive industry pioneers for more than six decades. Jaguar debuted in 1935. Land Rover made its celebrated entrance in 1948.
From then until now, we have been at the forefront of technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Through our revolutionary technologies, performance and craftsmanship, we have pushed the boundaries of what the industry considers possible over and over again. Our efforts have led to some of the most iconic nameplates ever to grace the road.
With an ever-evolving history and exhilarating future, this is the place to drive your pursuit for success. This is where you'll push the boundaries of your potential. This is where you'll put excellence in motion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert