Product Integrity is responsible for identifying emerging indications both internal and external of the company of potential safety or compliance issues with JLR products in the field with customers, during vehicle development and also using that experience to provide guidance and and consultation on new vehicle design.
The department creates the technical defence in product liability legal cases to support the Office of General Counsel. This role is a newly created role for a Business Manager to work alongside the Product Integrity Director and the department first line managers to facilitate the coordination of activity across a broad spectrum of activities managed by the team. Due to the nature of the work undertaken this role will have a responsibility to help support the mental health of the broader team along side more traditional day to day business manager responsibilities. The role will facilitate the creation and maintenance of a 5 year departmental Business plan with associated score cards, Backlog management and prioritisation through QBR's and departmental performance reviews.
Budget management including financial road block removal for issue investigations, departmental purchasing activities, team travel and workshop facilitisation
* Automotive Safety Office Company Quality
* All Engineering teams
* Customer Service
* Office of General Counsel
* Manufacturing Sites
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Provide day-to-day operational and strategic support to the Functional Director and First Line
* Support the Director to prepare and facilitate meetings, aligning all key stakeholders to optmise the available time and outcomes
* Mental Health and Wellbeing Champion in function, identifying and facilitate training and support for all team members.
* Prepare content for corporate business reviews and activities including ABR's, QBR's, Score Card Reviews, Town Halls, PULSE, Net Promoter Score, Women in Engineering etc
* Manage Departmental Budget, inc travel, overtime, workshop facilitisation and investment etc
* Facilitate, challenge and support to the Director and their first and second lines in the development and execution of their defined long-term themes and objectives by co-creating and maintaining a functional 5 year business plan and associated score cards
* Act as a liaison between the Product Engineering Business Office and department nurturing relationships and ensure alignment and performance is maintained
* Coordinate and manage the department first line meetings, including offsite meetings, working closely with the key stakeholders on key agenda topics and other requirements
* Ensure all department related actions are rigorously followed up through an effective action management process
* Create and maintain cross-functional relationships that enables alignment and effectiveness
* Work with appropriate stakeholders, including external ones, to undertake analysis to inform decision making
* Handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities, aligning with the urgency of immediate demands
* Be an advocate for the department, embracing opportunities, and working closely with the Communications lead within Engineering to report and celebrate the achievements of internally and across the ecosystem
* Co-Create cross company training to spread the message of Product Integrity
* Work closely with the HRBP to support the Director in creating a highly effective leadership team
* The ability to embrace differences, be empathetic, welcoming challenges and helping others to deliver.
* Awareness of mental health conditions and the ability to support others
* Building trust by speaking openly and honestly, listening attentively, and treating others respectfully.
* Taking initiative and using failure as an opportunity to learn, giving and seeking honest feedback.
* Making a difference through facilitating the development of the team culture by delivering role model behaviour
* An individual who is results driven, demonstrates resilience, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
* An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
* An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
* A good communicator who can convey complex ideas
* A effective team player who actively leads, develops and supports team members
* Experience in managing complex people issues
* An individual who has experience of managing and developing others either within JLR or externally