WHAT TO EXPECT
As part of the Technical Specialist community, you will be a functional resource for the company. You will provide cohesive and consistent technical support and direction to Chassis Motion Technical Centre engineers in the design, development and integration of Motion Systems for current and future vehicle lines. You will work alongside the Senior TS to establish a fully integrated Motion Strategy. You will provide technical support and direction to the other Tech Centres to ensure an integrated approach to the Motion System's is achieved. You will engage with external technical experts from various suppliers, industries and legislative bodies to ensure JLR's Motion Strategy aligns with the progression of the Automotive Industry.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Support Motion System Integration across all of Chassis Motion Tech Centre.
* Support Chassis Motion Function Groups with lessons learnt on Robust and Resilient Systems.
* Attend all relevant Chassis Motion Function Group & Engineering Tech Centres Showcases to support the engineering teams where needed.
* Support development of Motion Control System Strategy.
* Regular engagement with Powertrain, Digital Platform and other Tech Centres to ensure strategies are aligned.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* In-depth knowledge and proven technical expertise in delivery of Motion Systems.
* In-depth knowledge of Network Architectures and current Chassis Systems.
* Analytical skills including the ability to conduct complex research into new technologies.
* Ability to effectively explain complex ideas and confidently presenting these to senior stakeholders both within JLR and to external audiences.
* Relevant Degree qualification or extensive relevant experience
* An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
* An individual who is results driven, demonstrates tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
* An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
* An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
* An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
* A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
* A effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
* An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along