WHAT TO EXPECT
As part of the Technical Specialist Community, you will be a functional resource for the company. This role includes developing the future company strategy for Polymer materials across all areas of the vehicle.
You will be a custodian of elements of our key technology for current and future products. You will be expected to teach, mentor and present at global conferences.
Key Performance Indicators
* Ensuring new materials (aligned to Design intent) are by PS and by .
* Research trends in new polymers and processing, to feedback into the business.
* Delivery of direction and strategy to support sustainability targets on polymer use for future vehicles.
* Shaping Technology Centre strategies to reflect the latest materials trends and improvements.
* Resolving quality issues including completion of PR-Aims and suggestions to improve JDP and TGW.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Owner of JLR Way procedure/process, STJLRs and requirements. Create improved procedures helping to drive quality and efficient delivery.
* Responsible for deviation approvals, weighing customer and business requirements against feasibility and timing.
* Support the delivery and prioritisation of polymer material development with inputs from core and SV to ensure materials are delivered on time and to the engineering specifications.
* Work closely with Design, CoC's (and others) to identify new material requirements. Engage with Materials Engineering, Product Sustainability, Purchase, Research and suppliers to develop practical solutions.
* Develop a business aligned vision for technical delivery of the attribute or technology.
* Technical leadership to drive function, quality, cost, and timing improvements on programmes.
* Lead role for developing innovative technologies and new applications of current technologies.
* Establish and deploy best technical practice. Knowledge transfer in terms of formal training, and mentoring. Champion TAS modules in the specialism and create new modules.
* Thorough understanding of both internal and external customer attribute and technology requirements.
* Development of process and reports to ensure consistent and robust delivery of their technology or attribute.
* Support task force activities to solve complex engineering problems.
* Formal sign off of the technical elements of their system or attribute.
* Charged with promoting systems and Agile engineering into the company.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
* Individual Technology Centres
* Perceived Quality
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
* In-depth knowledge and technical expertise of polymer materials development, characterisation, processing, and application to automotive products.
* Proficient at development and publishing of new materials standards and test methodologies.
* Experience with materials processing and component manufacture.
* Significant experience of working in an engineering or automotive environment and have built up a broad understanding of many elements of working in this sector.
* Analytical skills including the ability to conduct research into innovative technologies and manufacturing systems and tools.
* Knowledge of polymer applications across the whole vehicle.
* Proven ability to lead a resolution of the key technical issues within a team environment.
* Degree in science based or relevant topic.
* Will be required to go through the Technical Specialist recruitment process as detailed in Technical Specialist Handbook.
* Significant knowledge of engineering planning and delivery processes.
* Appreciation of sustainability attribute with working knowledge of sustainability tools inc. LCA.
* A working knowledge of Body systems and development processes, such as those used at Jaguar Land Rover
* Experience in strategy development and execution
* An individual with a customer first mind-set who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
* An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive, and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
* An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning.
* A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas.
* An effective team player, actively leads, develops, and supports team members.
* An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources, and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
* An individual who is resilient, energetic, and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.