WHAT TO EXPECT
Within Body-Chassis, the Subframe Engineering team is responsible for design, validation and release of Subframes for Jaguar Land Rover products from initial concept to product launch.
As a Project Engineer you will Lead a design and development team to design & deliver efficient components that meet performance targets and deliver robust Engineering sign off. Lead a cross functional and manage a supplier team to support virtual and prototype builds, production launch and PSW.
This means the role requires a high level of detailed product design engineering knowledge, project management and communication skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
● Lead the cross functional project team of JLR stakeholder and suppliers
● Ownership and completion of CAD and CAE development from concept to production
● Work to performance targets and JLR standards
● Manage the delivery from project start until PSW is achieved
● Ensure engineering completion against the programme timing milestones
● Complete engineering releases in line programme timing and supplier timing to meet build and PSW requirements
● Work with Purchasing and Cost Engineering to deliver cost targets
● Deliver Engineering sign off through DVP and EBERs and report DV progress through RMDV
● Work with stakeholders such as Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, and Service to ensure compatibility
● Lead cross functional project team meetings in line with JLR cadence. Complete eAPQP. Support Module Team and other JLR meetings as required.
● Support vehicle builds and support launch until PSW is achieved.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge and experience
* Experience in mechanical design of safety critical structural components (ideally of fabricated, cast, pressed metal components and assemblies)
* Experience of component design to deliver performance attributes (durability, stiffness, weight, cost)
* Ability to design in context within a complex team environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like
* Working knowledge of CAD modelling software, CAE tools used for FEA stress analysis and PLM
* Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in subframe construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility
* Ability to balance manufacturing and performance needs
* Strong project management skills and experience of component management
* Effective communication and team working skills
* Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level
* JLR release systems, AIMS, WERS, PACNs, smartsheet
* CATIA & CAE experience. Experience in creating and reviewing component drawings with knowledge of datum systems and tolerances
* Knowledge of chassis suspension
* Knowledge of CAE and other virtual processes
* Experience in component rig validation and interpreting data
* Experience in managing a varied workload across numerous programmes
* Ability to lead, guide and inform other engineers
* Ability to use data to drive decisions and make contributions to discussions at all levels
* Experience of determining and setting technical direction