EDU System Attribute Engineer
- Jaguar Land Rover
- £33100 to £43000 per year
- Closing date
- 30 Sep 2022
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Automotive, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry
- Job Type
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role supports the Lead EDU (Electric Drive Unit) Systems Engineers in the definition, development and delivery of EDU solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for the next generation of in house manufactured EDU.
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development and validation of the EDU system. The EDU System Attribute Engineer will also liaise with the Inverter, Electric Machine, Transmission & relevant Cooling system teams to build a class leading EDU.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Support the delivery of systems within the EDU department across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
* Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
* Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems.
* Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis.
* Work with Technical Specialists and Advanced Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager & lead engineers in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Relevant knowledge of emachine/inverters/Electric Drive unit system.
* Requirements Management, in one or more of the following fields, Power Torque, EMC, Efficiency, NVH Durability, High Voltage systems
* Good verbal and written communications.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Full driving licence.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector.
* CAE methods and processes
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach - Six Sigma.
* A Masters level of education with relevant industrial research is preferred
* Model based engineering (MBE)
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes.
We have been automotive industry pioneers for more than six decades. Jaguar debuted in 1935. Land Rover made its celebrated entrance in 1948.
From then until now, we have been at the forefront of technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Through our revolutionary technologies, performance and craftsmanship, we have pushed the boundaries of what the industry considers possible over and over again. Our efforts have led to some of the most iconic nameplates ever to grace the road.
With an ever-evolving history and exhilarating future, this is the place to drive your pursuit for success. This is where you'll push the boundaries of your potential. This is where you'll put excellence in motion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert