WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role supports the Lead EDU (Electric Drive Unit) Systems Engineers in the definition, development and delivery of EDU solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for the next generation of in house manufactured EDU.
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development and validation of the EDU system. The EDU System Attribute Engineer will also liaise with the Inverter, Electric Machine, Transmission & relevant Cooling system teams to build a class leading EDU.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Support the delivery of systems within the EDU department across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
* Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
* Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems.
* Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis.
* Work with Technical Specialists and Advanced Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager & lead engineers in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Relevant knowledge of emachine/inverters/Electric Drive unit system.
* Requirements Management, in one or more of the following fields, Power Torque, EMC, Efficiency, NVH Durability, High Voltage systems
* Good verbal and written communications.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Full driving licence.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector.
* CAE methods and processes
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach - Six Sigma.
* A Masters level of education with relevant industrial research is preferred
* Model based engineering (MBE)
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS