WHAT TO EXPECT
This opportunity is to join our Special Vehicle Operations team, a team showcasing the very best of Jaguar Land Rover with a range of exclusive SV-badged halo models. SVO is looking for new recruits who wish to develop a career in Vehicle Engineering. A relevant qualification, for example in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering, is important but extensive/specific work experience in the field is not essential, as we will look to place you in the team that both supports the business requirements but also matches your own skills, interests and development needs.
Our Vehicle Engineering team provides the integration of all the engineering functions, enabling us to deliver a cohesive and characterful vehicle. Vehicle Engineering also covers attribute development across disciplines such as Dynamics, Sound Quality, Thermal and Aero, Weights. Our Vehicle Package team ensure everything slots into place.
Working within the SVO Vehicle Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to see products develop from concept to launch. Key roles withing Vehicle Engineering include benchmarking of competitor vehicles, target setting, working with CAD and CAE data, test and development planning, managing vehicle fleets and leading problem resolution across functions. Joining the team will allow you to experience and develop your whole vehicle understanding and together find the most appropriate role within this multidisciplined group. You will be guided by experienced engineers to integrate all aspects of engineering and deliver world class products. You'll draw on your impressive knowledge and we will give you access to the kind of work that is hard to come by elsewhere.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
* Knowledge of whole vehicle systems and interactions
* A keen interest of what makes up the character of a vehicle from a customer perspective
* Experience and/or knowledge of testing and development at some level
* A demonstrable level of work experience within a technical environment
* Able to manage resolutions for business, technical and process issues within a project team environment, applying a data driven approach.
* Experience in Microsoft Office software and CAD tools.
* Keen attention to detail and the ability to multitask
* A keenness to learn and develop as part of a high performing team
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Technical knowledge and automotive engineering experience of test planning, attribute development, problem resolution
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* Capability in using Virtual Engineering tools
* The ability to validate, prepare and read engineering documents
* Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of Virtual vehicle analysis tools and techniques
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.