WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover's Powertrain function is looking to appoint a Lead Engineer whose primary purpose of will be to define and develop a series of research and advanced projects within the advanced engines and fuel cells area (which include system definition, collaborative project planning & attribute verification).
This role will contribute to the development of new technologies, systems and features up to ‘Concept Ready' where it is then handed over to the mainstream Engineering functions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Advanced and research powertrain system layout, attribute specification & optimisation
* Delivery & demonstration of advanced powertrain technologies and associated projects
* Supervise the team and develop implementation/activity plans for advanced powertrain technologies to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Engineering Specification.
* Work with cross function and operational teams to ensure objectives and activity plans are captured in the overall project plans
* Develop of Proof-of-Concept technologies with support from key suppliers
* Provide technical support on projects when handing over to mainstream engineering
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Experience and knowledge in advanced powertrains with strong technical and development expertise
* Broad understanding of the pressures facing the strategic powertrain options over the next 10+ years
* Relevant experience in system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Ability of resolution of the key technical issues within a team environment
* An adaptable and pragmatic approach and a curious mind, continually asking ‘why'
* Ability to write reports and communicate to technical and non-technical audience.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* A working knowledge of high-level powertrain system specification & attributes
* Experience with EU7 technologies
* Understanding of non- conventional powertrains, for example, Hydrogen propulsion systems, range extenders
* Previous experience of working with Universities and Research partners
* Working level experience of component and system level powertrain simulation tools