AWE is at a once in a generation moment - managing the in-service Trident warhead and embarking on the development of a replacement warhead. The unique challenges require innovative and enquiring minds to ensure the safety of the UK's nuclear deterrent throughout its full lifecycle.
Warhead Safety Assessment Specialists
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (office based)
Salary: £42,650 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
Market leading contributory pension scheme
Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
Flexible working hours
Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
AWE Life Insurance
Salary sacrifice scheme
Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
We are looking for candidates with experience of high consequence safety assessments, however, we will also consider candidates who have degree level or equivalent technical experience and are looking to develop into a safety role or move from a conventional safety role. Specific training (up to MSc level if desired) and support will be provided to assist this transition.
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate all or some of the following:
- Able to apply appropriate safety methods, tools and techniques to a product
- Technical competence in analysis of system designs against requirements and standards
- Ability to consider higher level system and detailed component issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to convey complex messages clearly with accuracy of written and spoken information
- Willingness to work as part of a wider system design and verification team, balancing conflicting priorities and perspectives
- Experience in high hazard environments or related industries
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.