Senior Measurement Scientist - Electronic Engineering
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Hampshire, Basingstoke, England / England, Berkshire
- £41950 - £65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 21 Oct 2022
- Design, Electronics, Materials, Nuclear, Scientific
- Chemical, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry, Sciences
- Job Type
Role: Senior Measurement Scientist - Electronic Engineering
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,950 - £65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience) + Allowance
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- AWE Life Insurance
- Salary sacrifice benefits scheme
Working in the Radiological instrumentation the team you will use your use electronics engineering knowledge to design novel radiation detection and measurement equipment to meet regulatory need. You will tackle a range of projects from basic prototypes through to production ready designs.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Delivery of complex products and architectures to Customers at agreed costs
- Issue of technical documentation for large instrumentation projects/service delivery
- Design, build and test complex products and architectures which meet project deliverables
- Seek and identify new instrumentation/equipment with the potential to improve company plant and processes
To be considered for the role, we will be looking for candidates to demonstrate:
- Qualifications to minimum HND (preferably Degree or Chartered) or equivalent level of knowledge in electronics, engineering or physics discipline
- An ability to draw schematics and printed circuit board layouts
- Experience working in a design, development and metrology environment
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert