Role- Utilities Engineer - Electrical
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £33,850 - £50,800 (dependant on experience)
You will deliver professional engineering services to enable the Facility Engineering Team Leader to deliver utility services to facilities, assets and equipment required by AWE.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
As a Utilities Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and contractor works activities within the bounds of your appointed Network delivery area. You will hold Authorised Person appointments and undertake work activities within your appointed area. You will undertake shift working, duty on call, cross site working, and overtime as required to meet the role within your designated Network area.
- Provide leadership and direction when managing plant works by Functional / Contract resources.
- Undertake the safe operation, maintenance, and management of plant under your control and in line with legislative requirements.
- Actively monitor and react to all generated alarms for the plant and systems under your control.
- To expedite notification of Plant / Network failures to the relevant Operations Manager / Network Manager and keep stakeholders informed.
- To identify underground services relevant to your role.
- To maintain training to meet compliance requirements and to maintain operational standards and readiness.
- To undertake the role of Authorised Person within boundaries of appointment for the role.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Technician Apprenticeship or HNC/HND with suitable additional experience.
- Engineering capability across relevant networks, comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated plant and equipment.
- Delivery of Utilities engineering intelligence for relevant networks.
- Experience in utility / building service delivery over a large portfolio of buildings.
- Delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset.