Role- - High Voltage AP (SAP) Utilities Engineer
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £33,850 - £50,800 (dependent on experience)
You will deliver professional engineering services to enable the Facility Engineering Team Leader to deliver utility services to facilities, assets and equipment required by AWE.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
As a Utilities Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and contractor works activities within the bounds of your appointed Network delivery area. You will hold Authorised Person appointments and undertake work activities within your appointed area. You will undertake shift working, duty on call, cross site working, and overtime as required to meet the role within your designated Network area.
- To maintain leadership and oversight of plant upkeep, personnel, and operations within your area of responsibility.
- To have and to maintain an understanding of company strategies, policies, and management arrangements.
- To undertake and to manage Authorised Persons Duties IAW relevant regulations and corporate standards.
- To deputise for the Operations Manager when requested and to act in the best interest of AWE.
- Issue and receive permits to work (e.g. - certificates of isolation, Sanction for test, limitation of access certificates, outage requests etc.) for staff and contractors as required.
- Prepare, assess, review and provide instruction against Safe Systems of Work for the Networks / Plant within boundaries of control.
- Undertake the role of Work Supervisory Officer within the boundaries of your area of control.
- Provide an input to setting annual objectives and self-monitor in readiness for regular reviews. To request a minimum of quarterly 1:1s.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Technician Apprenticeship or HNC/HND with suitable additional experience.
- Engineering capability across relevant networks, comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated plant and equipment.
- Delivery of Utilities engineering intelligence for relevant networks.
- Experience in utility / building service delivery over a large portfolio of buildings.
- Delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset.