Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:£43,000 - £50,000
DOE + Bonus + BenefitsHybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical (EO) Seekers & Sensors Department within our Synthetic Scene Generation Team.
As a Department, we are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes, working with our Customers and Suppliers towards developing and integrating the next generation EO missile seekers. In order to succeed, we require a high fidelity test & modelling environment; to provide the missile team with all the real-world data they need to undertake the product design, development and acceptance.
And this is where you come in... If you are the successful applicant, we will offer you the exciting challenge of developing simulations of complex scenes that must include not just the physical behaviour of the Earth's surface, but also represent in-band atmospherics, platform plumes, and countermeasures effects.
This needs to run real-time - on high-end processing devices, FPGAs and GPUs - in order that it can exercise both missile seeker hardware and software algorithms; through innovative techniques, such as digital injection directly into the missile electronics or through the seeker optics using scene projector systems.
The team is a small highly skilled, and multi-disciplinary team that support the scene generation activities ranging from software and real-time embedded FPGA development, through to hardware testing and validation via experimentation and field trials. You will have the opportunity to work across all these aspects, and we will work with you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience - as well as supporting your ongoing professional development - all while ensuring a good work-life balance.What we're looking for from you:
This is a technically focussed role. If you have experience of, and want to develop further in one or more of the following, then this role could be for you...
- High fidelity modelling of the world ; experience of commercial scene generation tools such as TAITherm, CAMEOSIM, OKTAL is desirable but not essential
- 3D Graphics experience such as OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU
- Software Engineering, Real-time System
- Firmware Development is also a skill we use within our team ; experience or understanding of this is always beneficial
In addition, we also want you to be well-rounded with good general awareness and interest in our wider missile and seeker system topics.
What to expect:
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-bands.
- Experience of imaging electro-optic systems is desirable
- Strong logical and analytical skills ; experience of undertaking data analysis, and simulations using development environments such as Visual Studio, and familiarity with simulations in Matlab and Simulink is also desirable
- Have a proven track record of on-time delivery; particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Able to engage with a broad range of internal and external partners, and forge strategic technical relationships.
- Be adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic project management knowledge, including planning and risk-management is desirable
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!