Bristol MBDA Missile Systems Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
£50K - £60k depending on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
An influential role helping to craft the future of the UK Complex Weapons portfolio. This role will involve engaging with delivery teams within MBDA and also with the UK MOD customer community. You will help understand customer capability concerns in the domain and help to tailor, shape and implement technical studies and experiments that will explore exciting new Complex Weapon innovations at an early stage in their conception.
You will be responsible for driving the successful conduct of multiple technical studies under multi-million pound contracts. Ensuring that studies focus on and deliver against specific MOD case evidence needs, whilst running partner inputs along the way to ensure a collective recognition of the results. Using elements of project management skills and also building up of a technical appreciation vital to proactively influence the direction studies are taking.
This is an excellent opportunity to operate at the early stage of a new concept and technology exploration - seeing new ideas emerge and grow. You will have influence in the direction of UK Complex Weapon research & development, which will enable you to work with a diverse range of partner's right across the MOD and the UK military.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Technical understanding of weapon systems, or similar high complexity industry products.
- An understanding of early life-cycle experimentation in a defence context.
- The ability to lead the prioritisation and delegation of technical work and managing risk.
- Track record of managing parallel large (£1m+) packages of technical work.
- A dynamic and proactive individual
- Good at coping with uncertainty, scoping work plans with limited initial information.
- Working as part of a team and liaising with others at all levels throughout a large company.
- Ability to influence others, including at senior MOD/ Military levels.
- Ability to manage partner involvement and expectation in complex multi-dimensional studies.
- Familiarity with MOD acquisition process or HMG Treasury guidelines would be advantageous.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!