MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary: Up to £55k DOE plus excellent bonus and benefits including paid overtimeThis role is site based (Stevenage)The opportunity:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a CAD Designer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe's number one missile system provider, developing solutions for complex weapons and weapon systems.
You will be involved in the creation of advanced geometry for the next generation of missiles, maximising the use of 3D CAD capabilities including improving the efficiency and effectiveness in the creation of robust parametric models.What we're looking for from you:
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
What to expect:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with significant experience in mechanical design
- Advanced 3D surfacing and solid modelling is essential (preferably CREO)
- Ability to translate design intent from meetings with Project and Design Engineers into high quality 3D CAD models
- Experience of modelling aerodynamic and low observable surfaces
- Background in the production of engineering drawings and GD & T
- Knowledge of BS8888 Technical product documentation and specification, ISO 1101 Geometrical product specifications, ISO 5459 Datum and datum systems and similar standards
- Great communication skills with the drive and initiative to influence across a network of both domestic and international colleagues
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.