MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £80,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - likely 3 days on site.
An exciting role for an experienced Senior Facilities Manager or Director has arisen within the MBDA Facilities department to lead the Facilities Team. You will develop and deliver hard-working services that underpin the competitiveness of the UK business.
Reporting directly into the UK General Manager, you will provide FM management oversight of an estates portfolio across 7 UK sites, comprising primarily of manufacturing, laboratory and office space against a backdrop of constantly evolving requirements. This will provide the opportunity to utilise and develop team leadership, project management and problem solving skills
What we're looking for from you:
- A leader with excellent people management skills to coordinate and manage the overall delivery of a full range Facilities services and project works across the MBDA portfolio of UK sites.
- Experienced project manager with track record of delivering FM services in a multi-site environment (in the defence industry sector is desirable but not essential).
- Good experience and knowledge in a Facilities Management / Construction environment - especially statutory compliance such as Building Regulations, CDM and Electrical Safety, as well as broad knowledge of the practical application of HSE legislation in the delivery of FM services.
- Detailed knowledge of FM legislation and its application.
- Degree qualification in an FM or services discipline would be beneficial.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including an ability to set expectations and balance conflicting demands.
- You will need the ability to interrogate and interpret requirements, based on business understanding, challenging wants against needs when appropriate, whilst acting as a role model for change
- Ability to adapt to changing and diverse workload with autonomy and resilience
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and professional approach, even when under pressure.
- Experience of evolving teams to achieve optimum outputs
- Previous experience of direct budgetary management of FM budgets.
- Maintain and develop policy and procedure framework and strategy that is operated, updated and revised to meet emerging business needs.
Here's what's in it for you:
What to expect:
- Working in a progressive organisation providing inspiring and efficient working environments to support all company staff. Including the creation of new space to support the new ways of working in a post Covid word.
- Leading an FM team, committed to the culture of MBDA.
- Opportunity to work across a range of environments from office configurations to high tech manufacturing environments and all the supporting site infrastructure.
- You will have the chance to work with very senior partners in the business on high profile Facilities activities.
- You will have the opportunity to build positive relationships directly with internal teams across the whole organisation as well as a network of external expertise.
- You will be able to influence the workplace design and see it come to life within the company
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.