- Closing date
- 23 Oct 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An opportunity has arisen for a proactive Support Engineer to provide support for our Armed Forces community.
You will join a team supporting a specific product and there will be future opportunities to work with different products (missiles and weapons systems), across various platforms and with multiple customers in the UK and internationally as you develop your skills and care.
You will build trusted relationships with a complex array of internal and external partners, ensuring MBDA's reputation is upheld.
What we're looking for
- Good interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships
- Self motivated team player able to maintain a professional manner in a dynamic environment
- Experience with IT tools such as SAP would be preferable but not essential
- Engineering background with a degree or equivalent experience
What's in it for you?
- Experience of an in-Service Customer facing role and a strong foundation for career development
- Opportunity to build a personal reputation for effective project delivery
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external partners
- Opportunity to travel in both UK and Europe enabling you to develop your knowledge of the wider business environment
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed Customer Support Service (CSS) team responsible for the in-Service support phase of one of MBDA's missiles/systems. Every day is different.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert