MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £62,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen for a role in the MBDA Security Operations and CERT. Reporting to the UK SOC manager, you will support the Cyber Security Operations team to defend against cyber threats and vulnerabilities by ensuring the Information Management (IM) environment is following the correct processes and remains compliant by proactively managing identified vulnerabilities that could be exploited.
You will provide remediation action through compliance to relevant security standards and confirm that remediation is completed in accordance with the identified risk categorisation.
You will be joining a diverse and hard-working team of cyber security specialists responsible for the protection, security and safety of MBDA UK networks and IM/IS environments. This is a traversal function that covers all areas of IM and will require Group collaboration. The team are working towards growing our current capabilities and supporting the business as it securely evolves to a "new way of working" in response to the pandemic and establishing international CERTs.The Role
What we're looking for from you:
- Report and track remediation activities affecting all Infrastructure and applications within the IM estate.
- First line management of vulnerability analysts.
- Support compliance and due diligence led activities and audits, including regulatory updates.
- Collaborate with teams and business partners to create both tactical and strategic plans as it relates to vulnerability management. Also providing security advice at a technical level.
- Champion security best practice within technology and be regarded as the ‘go-to' individual for security vulnerability management.
- Advise technical and non-technical audiences on appropriate prioritisation of patch deployment.
- Manage vulnerability remediation by suppliers and teams through re-test & closure.
- Help drive security maturity in vulnerability management and security in general across the business, through positive engagement and teaching.
- Maintain and further improve the scanning scope and capability of the vulnerability scanning service, through automation and tooling.
- Manage the remediation plan of vulnerabilities discovered during penetration tests and health checks.
- Provide vulnerability assessment scan guidance and process oversight.
What to expect:
- Familiarity with Infrastructure and web application scanning tools (e.g. Qualys, Nessus) and relevant remediation management/risk tools supported in the Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Managing vulnerabilities 2+ years (planning and remediation)
- 2+ years of first line management
- A demonstrable knowledge of Vulnerability lifecycle management (MITRE) and IT/ OT/ IoT vulnerability remediation plans
- Experience or knowledge of risk management frameworks (e.g CIS, NIST)
- Sound understanding of network/infrastructure and web/mobile application weakness and anti-patterns (CWE, OWASP).
- An in depth understanding of cyber security technologies and applicable security controls
- A good understanding of information security principles and best-practices
- Ability to carry out risk assessments
- Supplier engagement and collaboration
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.