MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Customer Support and Services Graduate Engineer
Customer Support and Services (CSS) is the MBDA customer facing organisation working with the RAF, Army and Royal Navy. We ensure our products are ready for action when required!
We have overall responsibility for the definition, development and delivery of support and service packages for all MBDA products, with the aim of continually being able to meet our customers' requirements.
Within this department you will see work right the way from concept phase through to disposal of a product - you'll even have opportunity to influence the design of what we produce to ensure it is supportable through its life!
Our Customers are incredibly important to us and you will be on hand to ensure that their requirements are met and the reputation of MBDA continues to prosper.What's the opportunity?
The diverse nature of CSS means that there is the opportunity to work in very different roles and gain a broad understanding of the company, its products and our customers.
- Design and developing the support solution
- Investigate and resolve customer raised problem reports
- Delivering specific engineering tasks
- Running equipment workshops with RAF, Army, Royal Navy Users, Develop Technical publications and training
- Assist in repairs which could be on-ship, at Customer premises or back at MBDA, there are plenty of chances to get out of the office and hands-on with equipment!
You will complete 3 x 6-month placements in areas of CSS;
- Supportability engineering - work in a development team on a new product.
- Support engineering - work on a product currently in-Service with a Customer
- Support Services - work with the Field Support & Training/Technical Publications/Supply teams.
A final placement can be in a department external to CSS; Engineering, Business or even external to MBDA, e.g. a secondment to the Ministry of Defence, a sub-contractor or even a defence think tank.Entry Criteria, Salary and Benefits
Why choose us?
- Degree qualified (minimum 2.2) in physics, engineering, manufacturing, mathematics or a related subject.
- Have an interest in the lifecycle of products.
- Enjoy solving exciting problems with innovative ideas.
- Comfortable working with people from different fields and looking for a job where every day is different.
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.