Cyber Security Graduate 2023
- Closing date
- 23 Oct 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.
WS Cyber SecurityGraduate
The CyberSecurity department delivers effective information security solutions for complex weapon systems and their associated sub-systems, providing documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities within the programme context.
In your role you will be identifying security risks within complex weapon systems, products and solutions and ensuring that those risks are addressed by the implementation and delivery of effective and balanced security measures.
What's the Opportunity?
You will be involved in:
- Assisting in the timely integration of information assurance activities with the weapon system engineering, design, manufacturing and support programmes.
- Contribution to, and conduct of, trade studies related to weapon system information security.
- Providing security documentation and evidence to meet MOD security accreditation requirements.
- Involvement in the entire systems engineering lifecycle of delivered weapon systems including specification of security requirements and development of security architectures,
- Help develop security architectures to enable sustainable evolution of security architectures through life. Supporting hardware, electronics and software developments.
- Contributing to corporate information assurance knowledge and capability and maintaining knowledge of technology development and implications for information security.
- Working with manufacturing to ensure that the security design is repeatable through the production chain, and the product is secure through the delivery and return chains.
Your role will give you exposure to each of the stages of the product development life-cycle, understanding the required behaviours from a variety of viewpoints. Working in a lab-based environment you'll engage with stakeholders, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions. This role offers the potential to travel nationally and internationally. You'll also experience:
- Architecture design and specification,
- Integration, test, and analysis of achieved performance.
- Opportunities to develop practical cyber security skills such as "pen testing", "capability and vulnerability analysis" in the new cyber lab. In order to de risk security solutions.
- Working with customers, accreditors and national/ international technical authorities.
- Generation of information security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
This role is suited to those that have a basic experience or understanding of cyber security including current cyber technologies and the current challenges in the cyber space. See the bigger picture, over focusing on the detail. It is ideal for individuals that are able to adapt existing knowledge to other engineering domains as well as between customer-focused and technical-focused activities and those with an innovative mind-set willing to challenge the "normal".
Entry Criteria, Salary and Benefits
- Degree qualifiedin Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other related discipline to a minimum of 2:2.
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert