MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Image Processing Graduate Engineer
Image Processing UK plays a critical role in the development of MBDA products and technologies. We have a detailed understanding of the interaction between missile subsystems and a direct influence on meaningful design decisions. Our world-beating algorithms use imaging sensors to provide situational awareness and guide weapons to their target with maximum precision.
We are a firm supporter of equal opportunity for all, and are proud to be a diverse engineering team. Image Processing UK is an innovative, cohesive department where the contributions of each individual have real value. As part of our team you will benefit from an excellent working culture built on individual empowerment and mutual support.What's the opportunity?
As a graduate engineer within Image Processing UK, you will be a key team member at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. The algorithms that you will research, develop and evaluate will form part of the next generation of complex weapon systems entering service with the UK Armed Forces and our allies.
Your work will consist of:
- Conducting research studies into cutting-edge technological innovations for future products, in a variety of areas including Computer Vision, Computational Imaging and Artificial Intelligence
- Developing algorithms as part of a wider product programme; working in collaboration with expert engineers and other graduates from a broad range of fields, and gaining an in-depth knowledge of the weapon's design and functionality
The primary development environment used within the department is Matlab/Simulink; in addition to this, you will have to opportunity to develop skills with:
- Deep Learning libraries (e.g. PyTorch, ONNX)
- Hardware development boards (e.g. Nvidia Jetson Nano)
Many projects within Image Processing are international in scope, and can offer the opportunity for European travel and collaboration with French, German and Italian colleagues. All MBDA employees can take advantage of free language training, as well as a wide range of other benefits including retail discounts and share purchase schemes.
As one of a large cohort of graduates on the Early Careers Programme, you will receive ongoing support in the development of your professional career as well as opportunities for involvement in charity and STEM outreach schemes.
Security is a key consideration for the business and as such, the majority of your work will be conducted on site; a positive result of which is that our office remains a social and collaborative working environment. Nevertheless, there can be opportunities for home working depending on the nature of the task.Entry criteria, Salary and Benefits
- We are looking for a candidate holding or studying towards a Bachelor's degree or higher (minimum 2:2), in a subject withstrong mathematical content (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or similar).
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
To excel in this role, a candidate should:
Why choose us?
- Apply a thorough, analytical approach to technical problems
- Look to question, innovate and challenge the norm
- Bring a committed, dependable work ethic
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.