Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Navigation Sensors Graduate Engineer
The Navigation Sensors Group are responsible for the specification, assessment and procurement of Navigation Sensors for MBDA.
Navigation sensors are a critical technology for missile systems and therefore the team has frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects with rewarding opportunities.What's the opportunity?
As an electronics or physics graduate in the team, you would gain detailed understanding of navigation sensor technologies in a missile environment.
But this role is about more than just technical excellence - you'll be engaging with suppliers and customers, managing projects and problem solving issues to get the best results for the team and the projects you're working on. Through 6 monthly rotations within the function and wider business you'll get involved in:
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying pioneering and future technologies for investment.
- Supporting sub assembly and equipment assessment trials as part of an international team.
- Research and design activities as part of an international team.
- Collaborating with suppliers and researchers for the development and maturation of new and emerging technology.
- Carry out or support investigations into engineering problems, present conclusions and recommendations and identify and highlight trends and emerging issues.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services, seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices.
- Project manage and deliver work packages on time, on cost and on quality.
- Designing and conducting laboratory tests.
This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative solutions to address complex customer requirements.
The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
Future career paths of project management or technical subject matter expert are both possible with this opportunity.Entry Criteria, Salary and Benefits
Why choose us?
- Degree qualified to minimum 2.2 in a Physics, Electronics, Systems, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering (or similar) discipline.
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB would be desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of project management processes
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.