MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Seekers Graduate 2023
The seeker is "the eyes" of every Missile; not just a collection of sensors, but a sophisticated integrated system which detects, identifies, and tracks targets. The seeker contains some of the most advanced technology in the Missile, and typically comprises around half of the development activity of a missile project.
The Seekers department is responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar seekers, including multi-mode seekers (combining radar (RF) and electro-optic sensors). Our work is especially broad, as we are the design authority for all aspects of the seeker product. The diversity of fields working together under one roof makes the Seekers department a unique environment for discovering, exploring, developing and specialising in a wide variety of highly technical and valuable areas of expertise. We are therefore looking for equally diverse backgrounds and interests.What will you be doing?
Seekers work across the whole product lifecycle from research and development, concept and design, integration and test, through to production and in-service support. We can therefore offer placements in many areas such as:
- System simulation and modelling.
- Algorithm development.
- Design and test of electronic and RF circuits.
- Hardware and software integration.
- Signal processing and data analysis.
- Performance analysis, requirements and specifications.
- Electromagnetic simulation.
- Experimental lab testing.
- Field trials including flight trials and firing trial preparation.
- Image processing and ray tracing.
- Production support.
- New business and bid management.
This will use and advance your knowledge from university, applying it to technical challenges at the cutting edge of technology, in a department where we never stop learning. We also work closely with many other teams, giving you exposure to even more areas across the industry. Seekers is an Anglo-Italian department, and work on numerous multinational projects with opportunities for travel.
You will also have the opportunity to work towards Professional Chartership with the IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE or RAeS, and we will also pay 100% of the fees whilst you are on the Graduate scheme.Entry Criteria, Salary and Benefits
Why choose us?
- Degree qualified (minimum 2.2) in physics, engineering, electronics, mathematics, or related.
- Willing to learn and comfortable taking the initiative to tackle complex technical issues.
- "Good Scientists" with an open and transparent, evidence-based approach.
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.