Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Software Graduate 2023
The Software team at MBDA deliver software for the next generation of weapons in an ever evolving environment -to support those on the battlefield. Our teams provide a range of products from high integrity software running on our weapon systems, to mission planning solutions integrated into a complex battlespace arena. We use numerous programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies to achieve this.The opportunity:
You will develop the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer. This goal will be achieved through a combination of technical training, four challenging work placements and development activities such as:
- Working closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems including both embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C, C++, C# and Java.
- Ensuring the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables
- Owning responsibility for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Working with other departments within the company, learning a general overview of the business.
You'll get exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle, a chance to collaborate with others in the annual multi-national Software Engineering Challenge, and opportunities to travel.
The majority of your time you'll be working onsite in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratory, aimed at aiding your learning and development.Entry criteria, Salary and Benefits
Why choose us?
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or other science or engineering based degree, such as Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or Maths or a related subject to a minimum of a 2:2
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.