MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Weapon System Simulation & Experimentation Graduate
The Weapon System Simulation & Experimentation (WSSE) department designs and develops leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations for National and International Customers in the Land, Air and Sea domains.
The simulations we develop evolve in-line with the lifecycle of the programmes: from concept demonstrations with customers and stakeholders, to Integration Trials & Training with in-service operators. This means you will get to work with a variety of different teams!
Our simulations are at the forefront of problem solving across a broad spectrum of MBDA's programmes, focusing on improving MBDA's Agility and Time to Market.
WSSE is a dynamic department across our Stevenage and Bristol sites with a diverse team of engineers working together to deliver across a wide range of projects at every point in the programme lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to broaden and strengthen your skills from experts in synthetic environments.The opportunity:
Be a part of our development teams developing, integrating and deploying our simulation components across the business. Experience presenting to, and working with, our customers and stakeholders to iteratively improve our products to final delivery. You will be involved in:
Your role will give you:
- Assisting key projects, alongside highly experienced engineers, across parts of the MBDA development lifecycle
- Working with other areas of the business such as Integration & Systems Validation, Human Factors, Future Systems, Customer Support Services and Sales & Business Development
- Working directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate our current and future capabilities
Entry Criteria, Salary and Benefits
- Experience of software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall
- Training for new programming languages and software tools
- Experience integrating software applications together and deployment onto hardware environments
- Experience exchanging software components with other software and modelling teams
- Opportunity to develop and test code within professional software development teams
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of the company process for delivering our products to our Customers, including the test and certification process
Experience of some of the following would be advantageous;
- Currently studying in a science or engineering subject area such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics, or a related subject.
- Programming experience from degree or personal projects.
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
Why choose us?
- Software Engineering.
- System Engineering.
- Object-orientated Programming in C-like Languages (C++, C#, Java).
- Development Environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse).
- Networking & Networking Protocols.
- Algorithms (Flight dynamics, rotational geometry).
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.