Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Project Planners & Project Controllers
Salary £30K to £48K (dependant on experience) + benefits + bonus
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - typically 2/3 days per week onsite
Ranked number one on the UK's Best Big Companies to Work for 2022 and in the top 50 Best Places to work in 2022, as part of the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards, MBDA is a world leading defence organisation, with more than 12,000 people worldwide, of which 4,000 employed across our UK sites.
We offer flexible working, opportunities for career progression, great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, fantastic working environment and site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.The opportunity:
With the recent growth across our Project Control function, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Project Planners and Project Controllers of varying levels to join our team, where you will have an opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career within a collaborative and supportive environment.What we are looking for from you:
Whilst not essential, it would be beneficial if you have the following:
- Varying levels of planning experience - ranging from detailed planning to summary level milestone delivery plans.
- Capability in creating and maintaining project structures (WBS/CBS/OBS)
- Experience in generating and analysing project performance data (schedule, resource, and cost).
- Ability to perform and analyse SRA/Critical Path Analysis/EVM
- Motivation to determine root cause and identify corrective action
- Knowledge of Baseline Management and Change Control
- Accountability of project data - owning the quality of the project control reporting suite
- Ability to influence, work independently and be part of an integrated multi-functional team
- Clear communication skills and the ability to foster collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage conflicting demands
What we offer:
- Experience of Project Management Toolsets (SAP/ARM/Primavera/Oracle Unifier)
- Understanding and involvement in Project Estimate at Completion/Forecast Cost at Completion reviews.
- Risk & Opportunities / What- If analysis
- Understanding of resource loaded schedules
- Clear development path within MBDA
- Opportunity to pursue leadership and subject matter expert paths
What to expect:
- Encouragement to achieve recognised (PMI) qualification
- Become a valued member of the growing Project Control function, with opportunities to work across varied domestic and international projects.
- Working in an exciting and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.