MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This would suit someone looking for a part time role as it will be for 3 or 4 days per week. Alternatively, if you're looking for a full time role, this position can eventually grow into 5 days per week (but both options are available).The opportunity:
Are you a conscientious, adaptable person who wants to join our EMC team and work in our pioneering test facility? You'll provide vital support to the wider MBDA group in the areas of calibration, validation and test, whilst conducting a great mix of activities within a laboratory environment, such as instrumentation, test equipment and experimental test hardware.
You'll collect and dispatch items for external calibration; check calibration data against historical records to check for anomalies; maintain and restocking workshop consumables; provide assistance in setting up / stripping down of Equipment under Test; provide assistance in the design and construction of test jigs when required and providing assistance in daily trials activities, including running of EMC tests after a suitable training period (tailored to suit you).
This role brings a great opportunity to develop your existing skills and experience whilst undertaking a variety of tasks; on the job training will be provided as required. There is also good potential for future progress into an Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Test Engineer.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Good numeracy and literary skills, able to interact with colleagues effectively
- High attention to detail and accurate, up to date record keeping skills
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, laboratory quality management system processes (including UKAS / ISO17025 requirements) and other related processes
- Able to safely handle and use components, mechanical tools, parts and products relevant to the role (training will be given where necessary)
- Flexible and able to plan own work in a high pressure environment
- Practical, with the desire to learn
- Computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, with knowledge of Access an advantage
- Some understanding of simple physics, especially in the area of radio waves would be useful
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.