MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £56,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsDynamic working pattern
: On site 5 days a week, with working from home on an ad-hoc basis
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for all elements vital to achieve the manufacture and delivery of hardware by effective and efficient use of resources (people, machines, materials) to time, cost and quality.The Role
What we're looking for
- Assembly, integration and test of hardware to project requirements to time, quality and cost; includes the build of missiles and associated sub systems, prototype and early development hardware and test/trials equipment for use within an engineering environment and production build
- Managing day to day deployment of resources and facilities to meet programme needs through engagement and interaction with Manufacturing Team Leaders and Manufacturing Planning & Control Managers
- Interaction with all Supply Chain interfaces as required and, where appropriate, influence in order to meet Manufacturing programme needs
- Safeguard the health and safety for all deployed resources within the areas of responsibility in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
- Support and promote Manufacturing performance initiatives
- Support to Manufacturing related contract closure activities as appropriate
- Proactive involvement of Manufacturing best practices and identification/quantification of appropriate investment plans whilst maximising efficient use of resource and facilities
What's in it for you?
- Support to industrial relations activities within the Manufacturing environment
- Proactive involvement in the development of deployed staff
- Ensure that the devolved quality ownership activities are undertaken and operations comply with MBDA Quality System and project quality plans
- Coordination of effective non-conformance management reviews
Join a great team!
- This role offers the opportunity to manage the manufacture of early development/prototype hardware with the chance to be involved and influence the Manufacturing process at a very early stage. This role will also provide many stimulating challenges, personal development opportunities and an opportunity to influence decisions at a senior level.
- Potential to progress to a Head of Manufacturing role for the right candidate.
We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team. The Operations Function is a hard working team that thrives on daily challenge and team success!What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.