MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
We are seeking a Live Build Manufacturing Technician to work as part of our Manufacturing Team at our Henlow site. Responsible for carrying out manufacturing, test and inspection tasks within the Live Build Facility, in accordance with product certification procedures, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectivesThe Role
What you will be doing:
What we're looking for
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capacity to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring implements associated with the manufacturing cycle
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant, test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practice to other team members
What's in it for you?
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3
- Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
- Minimum further education requirement:
- City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or
- The Manufacturing Technician will typically be capable of certifying the product and possess a versatile skill base, with a capability to apply their skills across a range of tasks utilising equipment and tools, gauges and measuring instruments associated with the production, repair and modification of company products to meet defined build standards and specification requirements
- Team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable
- The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our customers' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.