MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary: Up to £45k DOE + bonus, overtime and excellent benefits package
.Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working but please be aware that this is predominantly a lab based on-site role. The opportunity:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and diverse team of RF Design Engineers working on some of the most interesting, complex and exciting products in the defence industry. You'll be working on the research, design and testing of cutting-edge radio-frequency technology for integration into complex weapons systems, with a focus on utilising your hands on experience to carry out modifications or rapid prototypes where required.
We need a team player who can use their initiative and has a real passion for electronic engineering. The role would ideally suit someone who is comfortable carrying out hands on testing and modifications to boards while having a strong background in RF design.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Proven practical RF (component level) design and testing of RF circuits over a wide frequency range e.g. 30 MHz to 30 GHz, including LNA amplifier, High Power Amplifier, Filter, Local oscillator, Synthesiser, Modulator design etc.
- Good knowledge on using RF design tools like AWR Microwave Office, including layout.
- Excellent practical skills including soldering, fault finding and the use of RF Test equipment including Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters & VNAs
- Good knowledge of Analogue, digital and power supply design
- Experience of communication systems, in particular radio transceivers.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.