Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Chief Software Engineer (FC/ASW)Salary:
circa £75000Hybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity
MBDA are looking for a "Chief Software Engineer" (MBDA job title: Senior Software Project Lead) to lead the Real Time Software development for a new class of cruise missile.
Joining MBDA in the early stages of development, you will have accountability for the overall technical strategy, planning, development and timely on cost delivery of all MBDA developed on-board software for the UK developed FC/ASW missile.
The scope of this role will include the development of software for Sensors, Flight control, Actuation Systems, Telemetry Systems and Datalink Systems, plus responsibility for overarching functionality such as Built In Test,Health and Usage Monitoring, Communication frameworks etc.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Software Project Leads for each component, as well as senior engineers and leadership in the FC/ASW team and other subject areas within MBDA.
Overall responsibility for providing a progressively more complex set of capabilities, delivered through software, in the most sophisticated missile MBDA have ever built!What we're looking for from you
What to expect
- Significant experience in technical leadership of complex system developments - ideally gained in the context of Embedded Systems.
- A thorough understanding of the software architecture needs for high integrity real time systems.
- Experience working in a regulated environment; knowledge of safety standards such as DO-178C would be advantageous.
- Experience leading the development of software that is part of a "system of systems" - i.e. where the overall system delivers its functionality through the interaction of its subsystems.
- Significant experience leading the development of software that is developed concurrently alongside the hardware and firmware on which it runs.
- Experience in proving real-time systems - an understanding of the different levels of proving from developer led testing all the way through to trials.
- Excellent inter-personal skills: An ability to influence and bring disparate groups of people together, working cooperatively towards a common goal.
We offer opportunities for career progression, flexible working, bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.