MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceUp to £75k DOE plus excellent bonus and benefitsHybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working which, for this role, will be typically 3 days per week working remotely.The opportunity:
Real Time Actuator Software is tasked with supplying software into a wide range of Missile components that require motor/movement control; Fins, Seeker, Fuel Pump, Booster, Wing Opening System. We are a busy and fast moving department initiating a transformation towards being a modern Software Development group.
What we're looking for from you:
- Do you have the personality and passion to win hearts and minds?
- Are you able to coordinate with multi-disciplined Product development team to define both System and Software Architecture / Design to the high standards needed for safety-critical software?
- Are you committed to make DevOps/Simulation/Modelling methods of software development a success?
- Do you have the ability and innovative mind-set needed to define and drive a 3yr/5yr software roadmap?
- Do you have the technical breadth and depth to define requirements, architect/design, implement and test Software?
We are looking for a Software Specialist who can create strong working relationships with many different disciplines (systems, electronics, mechanical, servo, safety, security, manufacturing, etc.) to define Actuator Software for safety-critical applications.
To be a key member of the Software team to deliver to programs and to continuously improve best practice safety-critical software development; working closely with Software Project Leads to help drive projects forward.
You should have:
What to expect:
- The ability to coach and influence stakeholders and software teams on Actuator Software Architecture, Best Practice and DevOps.
- Strong understanding and track record of Product and Software Architecture.
- Software Architecture that is safe, modular, reusable, plug & play and supports simulation, automation, provable quality and DevOps.
- Experience of creating, communicating and driving technology roadmap.
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- Experience of embedded/bare metal development for hard real time systems
- Highly technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is essential.
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- While not essential experience of safety-critical standards (DO-178C) would be beneficial.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.