MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working, however this role will require a strong on-site presenceThe opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen in the Environmental Engineering (Mechanical & Climatic) Test Department for an experienced Test Team Leader. You'll lead a passionate and dedicated team which provides environmental testing services and applies specialist technical knowledge to safely deliver test programmes on time, on cost and on quality. You'll ensure that work packages are delivered safely by monitoring safety in the work environment, consistency in risk assessments and safe working practices.
You will be leading a team of ~5 environmental test engineers and developing new skills in a technical & leadership role; influencing the design, manufacture and proving of our products; working in our specialist facilities, helping to generate pioneering and innovative testing techniques.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Someone who can plan, monitor and deliver assigned work packages for the team and ensure requirements are delivered to plan, quality, timescale and budget in a safe manner.
- Strong environmental test technical background, able to guide the team in resolving challenges.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of common environmental test standards.
- Expert knowledge of the test methods used to perform variety of environmental testing, i.e. vibration (random, sine, narrowband), shock (classical, operational, pyro) and climatic type (altitude, pressure, temperature, humidity).
- Expertise in writing accurate test records.
- Effective communication, planning, test programme management, staff leadership and management, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to challenge and endorse the technical content of documents issued by the environmental test team.
- Desire for growth and change, with the potential to develop into a more senior role or technical specialist.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.