Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Lead Software Developer (R06273)
We have a great opportunity for a proactive and passionate Lead Software Developer to join our expanding team in Weapon Systems Simulation and Experimentation, delivering innovative solutions to provide an end to end representation of the weapon system.
This is a hands on role working collaboratively with Project Leads, Simulation Architects and the wider MBDA project team, with the development of synthetic environments using the C family of programming languages. The role combines aspects of technical leadership, project management and team building.
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, and as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle. The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisations, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- A Lead Software Engineer who is adaptable and creative in their approach to lead a small software development team and advance the technical development of our synthetic environments / simulation components for one of MBDA's weapon systems.
- A strong background in software (C# and C++), and its realisation and system wide impact, with a robust approach to problem solving.
- You will have an open approach to software development, as the software you develop can be used across multiple products and projects so strong communication skills are essential.
- Exposure to real-time software development and simulation standards (DIS and HLA) would be advantageous however it is not crucial.
- An opportunity to grow your skills and abilities, whilst supporting the full MBDA development lifecycle.
- You will develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and drive the technical innovation through a synthetic environment.
- Work on the worlds most advanced defence systems from the initial concepts with advanced visualisation techniques (AR/VR) and demonstrations all the way through to in service support and training.
- Underpinning everything we do is experimentation and you will be part of the team developing new innovative ways and capabilities to support weapon systems development for domestic and international customers
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
- A department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development.
- Work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community.
- A team delivering innovative solutions that need your inspired approach and passion.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.