MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Who are we?
Image Processing UK plays a meaningful role in the development of MBDA products and technologies. We have a detailed understanding of the interaction between missile subsystems and a direct influence on significant design decisions. Our world-beating algorithms use imaging sensors to provide situational awareness and guide weapons to their target with maximum precision.
We are a firm supporter of equal opportunity for all, and proud to be a diverse engineering team. Image Processing UK is a cohesive and innovative department where the creativity and contributions of each individual have real value. As part of our team, you will benefit from an excellent working culture built on individual empowerment and mutual support.What's the opportunity?
As a Principal Engineer, you will be a essential team member at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. The algorithms that you will research, develop and evaluate will form part of the next generation of complex weapon systems.
The primary development environments used within the department are Matlab/Simulink and Python (including PyTorch Deep Learning libraries).
Security is a key consideration and as such, the majority of your work will be conducted on-site; a positive result of this is that our office remains a social and collaborative working environment. Nevertheless, there are opportunities for home working depending on the nature of the task.Who are we looking for?
- Preferably PhD qualified in a related area, either holding or completing the PhD
- A degree with strong mathematical content e.g. Mathematics, Engineering (e.g. Aeronautical, Mechanical, etc), Physics, Computer Science, or similar
- A keen curisity about cutting-edge technologies and their applications
Although not essential, relevant experience in either Post-Doctoral or Industry would be highly beneficial.
Specific knowledge in any of the following areas is of benefit:
What's in it for you?
- Image Processing Algorithms: Segmentation, Filter Design, Noise Removal, Compression, Super Resolution
- Computer Vision Algorithms: Tracking, Optical Flow, Particle Filtering, Pose Estimation
- Deep Learning techniques: Detection, Classification, Tracking, Siamese Networks
- Inverse Problems / Computational Imaging: Sparse Coding, Compressive Sensing
- Machine Learning: Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks
- Domain Specific Signal Processing: Multi/Hyper-Spectral, RF, IR, SAR, STAP
What to expect:
- You will play a key role in the development of our complex weapon systems, and gain in-depth knowledge of their design and functionality
- You will collaborate with other engineers from a broad range of subject areas
- You will be working on cutting-edge technological innovations
- You will have the opportunity to work within an international field that has strong links to MBDA sites in France and Germany that will provide the opportunity for European travel
- You will have the opportunity to attend workshops and conferences both nationally and internationally
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.