Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as a 2-3 day office attendance and remaining days working from home location.
Join our Technical Publications Team and work on providing support to the Army, Navy and Air Force customers. You'll be contributing in providing complex Technical Engineering descriptive and procedural manuals across all of MBDA's portfolio of products in the UK and all over the world.
Due to contracts won and expected, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team. We are looking for a proactive and committed Author to join a transforming Technical Publications department in the Customer Support domain.What we're looking for
We are looking to strengthen the technical depth within the Technical Publications team. You will be recognised as a specialist in your area of expertise and assigned as an authoring specialist to support the development of new projects within the Customer Support Function.
What's in it for you?
- Provide Technical Authoring expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
- The role is relatively autonomous and experience in leading and reporting on a project is required as you will project manage your assigned publication development through to delivery.
- You will need to be familiar in the use of S1000D based authoring tools, be aware of BREX (Business Rules Exchange) use and the associated guidance documents.
- Experience in Technical Authoring is essential. Use in particular of SGML is required but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship.
- You may be required to be involved in demonstrations or technical publications proving activities.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the military engineering environment is preferable but not essential as training can be provided.
- Good communicator with resilience across all levels and a strong problem solver.
Join a great team!
- MBDA is a world leader in missiles and missile systems and this opportunity is an influential and a relatively autonomous job where the successful applicant can create and lead your project vision and make a mark on how MBDA's technical documentation is utilised.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Technical Publications and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with many military and engineering communities thus offering plenty of variety. Technical Publication working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the publication methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes. Travel to UK and overseas customer locations, although infrequent will be part of the role as well as trips to the MBDA France and Italy offices.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What to expect:
- The Technical Publications team is a very friendly, approachable group of Authors, Illustrators, and Publishers; we all believe in regular, high-quality communication, and use this to drive ourselves ever onwards.
- The Technical Publications team has a mix of personnel, ranging from apprentices, graduates to team members who have served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set and you will be joining at a time where working together and team spirit is fundamental to our success.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!