Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
£35K - £40k dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as a 2-3 day office attendance and remaining days working from home location.The opportunity:
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and logical individual with the skills and knowledge of Technical Illustration generation for a complex portfolio of MBDA's products across the Air, Land and Sea domains. This is a vital role in helping MBDA deliver its technical documentation commitments all over the world. A working knowledge of the illustration to authoring in the S1000D standard in an engineering environment is highly desirable.What we're looking for from you:
Join a great team!
- A Technical Illustrator with the appropriate S1000D experience and qualifications in developing the graphical and visual content in support of our Technical Publication output.
- The ability to create illustrations from a variety of source content, which could include CAD (Computer Aided Design) models, manipulating existing design models to developing them from scratch through to delivery in 2D format to the author for the publication development.
- Relevant Technical Illustration qualifications or the defence or civilian equivalents are desirable. In-depth working experience of industry specific software use such as IsoDraw, Creo-illustrate, Creo Parametric 3D are desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- A good working knowledge of the aerospace industry standards / specifications would be desirable.
- We are looking for a Technical Illustrator who has experience working in an engineering/aerospace industry Technical Publications team who can support the associated plans and reports through to the eventual delivery of MBDA Technical Publications to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- Sound knowledge of engineering structure and process is an advantage, as you will be required to respond to technical queries from the Customer or provide support to design, trials or proving activities when required.
- The ability to work cross functionally with integrated departments such as LSA (Logistic Support Analyst's), ILS (Integrated Logistic Support Engineers) and ISS (In Service Support) team members in the UK as well as in our overseas offices.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of illustration and publication technologies or equipment development whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. to a high standard.
- As part of publication deliveries, there may be a requirement to attend activities at other MBDA sites or at the customer's location, in the UK or overseas, all within the scope of Company Approval.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer and industrial partners' interaction, a good resilience and an excellent communicator.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
What to expect:
- The Technical Publications department is populated by a team of passionate, experienced and technically capable Illustrators and Authors.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, ranging from apprentice, graduates to team members who have served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set that you will instantly add value to and you will be joining at a time where working together and team spirit is fundamental to our success. New technologies are monitored and diversifying your interests towards these technologies is encouraged as we strive to improve.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!