What to expect
Lead Engineer, CAD - Wheels and Tyres.
To lead the CAD team within the Wheel & Tyre section, responsible for managing the daily workload of the Wheel and tyre CAD team, developing existing toolset and implementing new tools to improve department efficiency. Creating CAD geometry for both wheels and tyres along with managing the CAD file structures across JLR carlines for Wheels Tyres, Fixings and Badges. To liaise with engineers in order to manage CAD workload and timings across the whole section, ensuring designs are compatible and completed on time. To lead packaging studies and reviews with relevant Lead Engineers / Group Leaders to resolve complex packaging issues and produce CAD models for alternative solutions.
Liaise with Jaguar and LandRover Design teams along with the Wheel suppliers to develop feasible wheel surfaces / designs
Support Engineers in releasing all newly designed components by creating CAD release packages in Catia V5 & V6 through Team centre and Enovia.
You'll work in conjunction with the component Engineer(s) and Module Leader(s) to ensure components are in line with SWAT strategies and programme technical content with cost, quality and timing all being considered.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Ensure CAD is at correct maturity level for relevant gateways - supported by Lead Engineers
* Manage quality timing of teams workload
* Support and guide the Component Engineer(s)
* Ensure compatibility of cross-functional requirements
* Ensure pre-production virtual builds are supported accordingly
* Development of existing toolset
* Implementation of new tools to improve teams efficiency
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Catia V5 & V6
* Teamcentre & Enovia
* Good project management skills
* Understanding of Programme delivery timescale (CCDS)
* Engineer complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration to part-to-part interfaces and relationships
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Knowledge of JLR internal systems
* Knowledge of development process for Wheel and Tyres or similar ‘Tuning or Styled ' component