What you will be doing:
You will be leading a highly capable engineering team working on industry-leading geospatial intelligence software for data management, image exploitation, and reporting. You will also be:
- Applying strong technical knowledge in the prototyping and researching of new product solutions and third party integrations
- Contributing to product roadmap discussions using SCRUM and SAFe agile development methodologies
- Providing leadership to a full stack development team as a career mentor and technical expert in software engineering with a primary focus on Java development
- Acting as a point of escalation in the team to help resolve technical problems
- Working flexibly to lead interactions with US based stakeholders
- Open to travel internationally when required
- At least 10 years’ experience in practical software development
- Strong background in Java is a must
- Proven ability to engage confidently with senior stakeholders in planning product roadmaps and presenting the technical output of the team
- Proven experience in mentoring software engineers and nurturing their passion for engineering
- Experience in full-stack technical design is desirable but not essential
While we do not expect any candidate to have used all technologies the team is engaged in, knowledge of areas below is an advantage:
- ReactJS (including TypeScript)
- Karaf (OSGi)
- Flowable (workflow engine)
What we offer
- Flexible Hybrid working – as a team lead you will determine the balance between remote and in-office working for your team
- Company healthcare benefits for you and dependents (spouse and children)
- Optical and dental benefits for employee
- 18 days annual leave (increases to 21 after 5 years’ service)
- Maternity Leave – 4 months (paid)
- Annual Pay Review with guaranteed Fixed Pay Allowance
- BAE Systems Shares Incentives based yearly on the company’s performance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.