This will be at the forefront of a wide variety of work, involving ground-breaking innovation and technical challenges across a wide range of projects associated with:
- AWE's multibillion-pound Capital Programme of new facilities.
- Planning future systems in support of the UK's long-term strategic deterrent.
- Maintaining and extending the life of existing facilities.
- Decommissioning of the redundant facilities.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £33,850 - £50,800 negotiable dependant on experience.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be required to advise on the following:
- Codes available in modelling fires - their verification and validation, limits to their applicability, their use in accordance with RGP as applied to fire modelling techniques.
- Fire dynamics and fire science.
- Fire engineering.
- Thermal properties of materials.
Ideally you will have Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and demonstrable experience of working on multi-disciplined projects and be familiar with one or more of the following:
- Knowledge and experience of working on a site containing radiological, chemical and/or explosive hazards.
- Knowledge of the techniques used for Safety Case Assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, report and presentation skills
This is a highly rewarding position that will give you the opportunity to apply your skills and experience in support of AWE's important mission to keep the Nation safe.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.