Role - Safety Case Specialist
Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
Package - £33,800 - £50,800 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Generous Relocation Assistance is available to eligible candidates.
Our safety case teams are at the forefront of a wide variety of work, involving ground-breaking innovation and technical challenges across a wide range of projects associated with:
- AWE's multibillion-pound Capital Programme of new facilities
- Planning future systems in support of the UK's long-term strategic deterrent.
- Maintaining and extending the life of existing facilities
- Decommissioning of the redundant facilities.
There are exciting opportunities to develop careers both within, and beyond, AWE.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offer an attractive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
It's an exciting time to join the Environment, Safety, and Health function at AWE, we are transforming the way we work and continuing to support the demand of the business. We are interested in hearing from candidates at various stages of their careers who have a working knowledge of safety assessments on nuclear projects and are interested in developing their career with us.
As a Safety Case Specialist, you will provide subject matter expertise in the assessment of nuclear, explosive, and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product.
Ideally you will have Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and demonstrable experience of working on multi-disciplined projects and be familiar with one or more of the following areas:
- Production of safety assessments and other technical inputs to safety documentation/ justification
- Provision of technical input to the production of company policy, guidance and strategy to agreed delivery and quality standards
- Provision of technical analyses in support of safety assessments, to agreed delivery and quality standards
- Worked or operated in a high hazard and/or highly regulated industry