WHAT TO EXPECT
Developing talented people is vital to our strategy. The Programme Purchasing team delivers a real impact, we provide pro-active engagement, facilitation and risk management to complex and strategic procurement activities. We are growing diverse teams, building extraordinary talent and creating a flexible, fun, meaningful environment for them, and you, to thrive in.
The role offers an exciting challenging experience with business-wide exposure and development. You will need to have experience of managing people and be able to influence and drive others to meet commitments and deadlines. There will be key substantial interfaces with Production Purchasing, Finance and Engineering stakeholders, as well as a range of other functions at all levels of the organisation so strong stakeholder management is essential. With strong business acumen you will be able to assess risks/opportunities and plan risk mitigation and push to deliver opportunities.
A key requirement is supporting Production Purchasing and Programme buyers to ensure commodities are given exposure at senior level, enabling alignment, decision-making that drive our overall programme success and performance improvement in delivering commodities on-time, to quality, and cost.
The Programme Manager is responsibility is to provide data driven co-ordination for Procurement teams; ensuring strategy and sourcing requirements for programme delivery are understood, planned, and executed at the required quality, time and cost, following an agile project/programme delivery system. This includes:
* Effective and efficient communication between procurement and core stakeholders; facilitating cross-functional working to ensure that project requirements/stakeholder objectives and procurement objectives/deliverables are aligned and delivered with visibility, impact fully understood & delivered.
* Act as the primary liaison between stakeholders and procurement (representing the procurement function) with a focus on early engagement to support sourcing planning and understanding of project priorities to enable a focus on critical path timing.
* Providing communication and visibility of procurement activity, reporting status on sourcing delivery to the Global Purchasing directors, the wider function and the programme teams; ensuring risks, issues and changes are managed in line with project governance and driving accountability for deliverables.
* Support key development of any new process requirements for strategy & new supplier relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Programme Purchasing Manager, you will be expected to lead the engagement with stakeholders to understand impact on programme requirements and the development & delivery of those requirements in line with overall business strategy. As well as this, you will need to lead the development and maintenance of procurement at category level, ensuring that projects/ programmes requirements are effectively documented and continually monitored so that procurement capacity remains able to support the business requirements.
A key interaction of this role is to represent the procurement function through programme operational meetings and ensure commercial inputs and outputs are actioned in accordance with Programme Requirements - in addition to developing accurate data and concise management reporting to support major programmes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience
* Experience in complex project management and /or purchasing environment
* Excellent stakeholder management and relationship management skills with clear understanding of how to facilitate cross functional team work to meet objectives
* Strong analytical, influencing and problem-solving skills with the ability to make autonomous decisions
* Highly agile with ability to manage and deliver multiple work streams within tight deadlines
* Excellent computer skills specifically in Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge/experience of working using an Agile methodology
* Formal Project Management or PMO qualification/training
* Experience in a procurement/purchasing environment
* Experience within the automotive industry