WHAT TO EXPECT
The Brakes Engineering Team, brings together expertise to specify, engineer and deliver braking system from concept to production that meet the customer braking attributes and regulatory requirements. Our mission is to deliver a Safe, Silent and Clean braking system working in close collaboration with Chassis, ADAS and Powertrain departments.
Responding to changing lifestyles and mobility trends, we are developing the cutting-edge technology which will keep us at the forefront of delivering the world class driving experiences our customers love.
Working within the product development global team, you will contribute to our award-winning products and play a key role in reimagining the future of modern luxury and the future of mobility.
The mission of the team is to deliver best in class braking performance attribute maximising advanced braking control functions whilst delivering efficiency and refinement of the braking system.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As part of Brakes Engineering, you'll be responsible of a team of system engineers and Brakes performance engineers in charge of the design, calibration, validation of deceleration control functions and braking performance attributes:
- Braking Performance attributes (Brake Pedal feel, stopping distance, brakes thermal performance)
- Deceleration related control functions (Regenerative braking, Foundation brake control, state estimation etc)
- Standstill related control functions (Parking Braking, Auto Hold and transition control)
* You will lead the delivery of Brakes Performance and control functions across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Lead the delivery of best-in-class brakes engineering attributes and control functions across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Work with Technical Specialist and System architecture team on Attribute target definition, new control Functions and Failure Mode Avoidance.
* Drive internal and external stakeholders to achieve program delivery and issue resolutions
* Develop, coach, motivate, lead, recruit and retain Brakes engineering talents
* Develop and maximise effectiveness of the team through agreed annual plan and off-cycle projects
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Previous experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry in braking system (OEM or Suppliers)
* Experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment and applying Systems Engineering in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Track record in delivery of innovation and complex mechatronic systems
* Full driving licence required (Class 3 and 1PG driver training level, or equivalent would be an advantage)
* Relevant Post Graduate Degree or equivalent experience preferred