What to expect
As a member of the Technical Specialist community you will be a strategic cross functional resource for the company. You will develop the future company strategy for processes, components and systems. You will be a prime custodian of our key technology for current and future products as well. You will be expected to teach, mentor and present at global conferences.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for creating detailed subjective targets for a nameplate to achieve the customer wants and translating these into vehicle objective targets, underpinned by futured benchmarking and brand aspirations.
* Ensure vehicle dynamics nameplate requirements are cascaded to systems and components, collaborating on concept architecture and technology decisions.
* Hands on technical delivery of projects to achieve attribute performance, cost, quality and time.
* Create integrated development and validation plans, working closely with other attribute and functional areas.
* Expected to teach and mentor junior members of the team and advance their capabilities.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* In-depth knowledge and technical expertise in vehicle dynamics theory and cross attribute functional interactions, including knowledge of K&C KPIs and objective test data.
* Demonstrable applied component and passive/active system tuning skills, including experience using simulation and analysis techniques.
* Proven ability to carry out vehicle development through highly skilled driving ability and subjective assessments skills, with experience training others in dynamics development and techniques.
* Ability to effectively explain complex ideas, confidently presenting these to senior stakeholders
* Relevant degree and whole vehicle dynamics tuning experience - leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment.
* Will be required to go through the Technical Specialist recruitment process as detailed in Technical Specialist Handbook
Strong working knowledge of Agile methodologies