WHAT TO EXPECT
The Battery team within Electrification Core Engineering (as part of Power Train) requires an experienced quality engineer to apply world class problem solving and analysis skills to improve the businesses capability to achieve high levels of reliability and robustness associated to our existing battery product range.
The HV batteries quality engineer is the technical focal point for battery quality issue resolution. The successful person would be responsible for interfacing with core team Subject Matter Experts; providing problem solving technical guidance and for supporting quality issue management and process development across the battery quality team. They take part or lead the battery quality issue resolution delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Customer issue resolution delivery and problem-solving technical excellence using the appropriate methodologies
* Technical analysis of customer issues using appropriate diagnostics tools
* Prevent recurrence initiation at the D4 step, working with battery core engineering
* Applying lessons learnt and best practises
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Knowledge of battery system architecture (LV, BEV, MHEV and PHEV)
* Knowledge of EV system diagnostics and be able to interrogate System diagnostic tools (logging equipment experience)
* Experience of applying a Scientific / logical approach to problem solving using the appropriate methodology, e.g., 8D & 6-Sigma DMAIC
* Degree in relevant engineering discipline or in associated subjects such as electronics, electrical engineering or other technical qualifications.
* 6-Sigma Green Belt or enrolled on Green Belt training programme - can support this if not started or mid-way through training.
* Experience of using data logging analysis tools, e.g., CANalyser or CORVUS