MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.The opportunity:
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility.
An opportunity has arisen on the development / production manufacturing lines, for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work to meet our deliveries.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
Working with the Principal Engineer, you will potentially be working on different projects, responsible for manufacturing problem identification and resolution:
Here is what is in it for you:
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, process proving activities etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing documentation and industrial validation
- Support the Non Conformance Process
- Ensure products are produced in most economical proficient manner
- Assume the responsibilities for safe operating implementation for changed processes, including liaising with COSHH assessors, SHE and Human factors
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions maintaining production BOMs
- Tooling development and control
Join a great team:
- An opportunity to take ownership of manufacturing engineering processes and equipment to make improvements to production.
- Develop new skills and techniques, taking a key role in the manufacturing engineering team.
- Technically challenging, varied and rewarding work.
- Interaction with numerous internal and external customers and suppliers
- Opportunities for flexible/remote working where it meets the needs of the business
- Become a valued member of an established but growing team
What to expect:
- Work as part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team to develop and support our world class manufacturing facility and people using the latest available technology and skills
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.