MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
Salary: Up to £48,000 depending on experience
The Battle Modelling team has a job opening that involves developing and deploying physics-based models of aircraft, sensors and weapon systems. There are opportunities to demonstrate your skills in real-time modelling, simulation, graphics programming and Linux systems.
You can grow your skills in building and testing software libraries. You can participate and develop your knowledge of Operational Analysis and exploratory testing in our human-in-the-loop simulator, and build your domain knowledge of air-combat. You will learn how technology experimentation works.What are we looking for?
You will be able to demonstrate.
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of algorithms, software and physics
- Experience of object-oriented coding of computational algorithms.
- Understanding of data structures and data science techniques.
- Experience of scripting in a Windows or Linux environment.
- Interest in mathematical modelling and the practical applications of these models.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to a non-expert audience.
- Understand how physics-based models are used in strategic games.
- Develop your knowledge of software development and testing methods.
- Build your knowledge of aeronautics, sensors, guidance and control algorithms.
- Learn about running simulations in distributed systems.
- Learn about the modelling of tactics, effectiveness and aircraft performance.
- Work with customer to see technology development and future products evolve.
What's great about the team?
- Develop physics-based modelling tools and software.
- Create, test and document algorithms and software libraries in C++ and or Python.
- Design, execute, visualize and report on studies.
- Distributed simulations, and participate as a pilot in a Human-in-the-loop real-time air combat simulator
- Research, product development and customer studies.
- An opportunity to work in an environment which values core skills in algorithms, coding and physics.
- To work with national and international partners on research and technology development.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!