The Stability Control Systems department is primarily responsible for developing and delivering stability functions such as Dynamic Stability Control, Torque Vectoring by Braking, Traction Control, etc within the Vehicle Dynamics department. The work covers all aspects of the controller design from requirements writing to testing and developing to a tuneable condition as well as tuning and calibration to meet vehicle attribute targets. The core group of delivery engineers for these functions are grouped together in one team to create a flexible workforce and to maximise knowledge transfer between them.
The System Leader owns the delivery of the Stability Control System onto a programme/platform. Consultation is taken from the System Owner to determine applicability of requirements to a programme and within a Vehicle Dynamics Agile Squad, a development plan is created with the control system supplier to determine resources, test properties and rigs and spares to support delivery. The System Leader then executes that plan in collaboration with the supplier to programme gateways. Sign off documentation is provided to close off requirements in RMDV at and . Throughout the delivery process the System Leader will support the daily scrum meetings and provide programme status to the Product Owner for reporting purposes and use appropriate escalation routes for issues identified.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Test planning to verify and calibrate the software
* Ensuring Rigs &Test Kits, test properties and people are available to meet the delivery
* Leading testing at remote test sites
* Liaising with the supplier to ensure road release and software calibration plans are met
* Working with the System Owners and Calibration Lead to ensure the Stability Attribute is met
* Providing the sign off reports and close off requirements in RMDV
● Other team members in the Vehicle Dynamics Squad
● SCS Calibration Leader
● Product Owners and Scrum Masters
● Application leader for the control system supplier
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of automotive chassis engineering and vehicle dynamics gained in an OEM or First Tier supplier environment
* Experience in tuning a Stability Control System
* Experience with Bosch MM6, Vector and INCA toolset
* Excellent team-working, organisation and communication skills and able to adapt into a multi-disciplinary environment within an Agile Squad
* JLR 3PG Driving Permit
* Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
* Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure and beyond normal working hours when required.
* Experience with the DOORS and RMDV requirements management tool
* Experience in the application of HiL and / or SiL for system development and validation
* Experience with Control System development