Working within the Plant Vehicle Team (PVT) based at the Solihull Plant. The PVT department is a sub set of Engineering Quality (EQ) and is a multi-disciplined function that provides key services to current car Quality improvement activities. It provides support to both the plant , providing technical and problem solving skills and to managing the External quality signals through low time in service warranty and claim data.
This opportunity is to lead and drive activities that ultimately will reduce manufacturing variability on each vehicle line and reduce the external functional faults on vehicle lines during the fiscal year, ultimately delivering against the Quality targets for PE.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Current Car internal & external customer KPI monitoring & reporting, updating 9-Panel vehicle line dashboards & visual factory. Demonstrating understanding on deteriorating metrics & communicating vehicle line status for review.
* PD AIMS Governance, maintaining integrity and robustness of current car aims deck for vehicle lines owned.
* Plant Vehicle Team key contact and supporting the Manufacturing plant for Engineering internal customer issues reported from First Time Thorough, Divert Free V & WCPA.
* Reducing functional faults on vehicle lines from external customer issues reported on 0 & 3 MIS Warranty & RSA, by problem solving support and leading X-functional project teams.
* Change Management support - Monitoring PH1 PSW and working with PVT/PD Engineers to ensure we are compliant and coordinating engineering running change implementation.
* Coordinating & validating Cost & Fact Sheet with X-functional plant teams resulting from a Solihull Stop Ship, for review at the Customer Satisfaction Review Group.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Engineering Degree,
* Experience of JLR products and attributes
* In depth knowledge of PVT operations and processes
* Knowledge of manufacturing and supplier quality operations and processes
* Comprehensive 8D problem solving knowledge and to coach others in process.
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to build and manage multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
* Demonstrable business acumen and operational budget control
* Well organised, methodical, and the ability to cope with priority changes
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills providing the ability to represent the team at senior meetings
* Strong understanding of the importance of safety
* Be able to apply common processes, standards and utilise a back to basics approach.
* Must be able to form good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
* Strong understanding of people and emotional intelligence is a plus
* A strong leader - Role model for "customer first" leadership style.
* Creates a climate in which respect and trust and mutual support are an integral part of working together.