WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to lead the Quality role for the Cockpit team
The role covers some key areas including leading department DFMEA's and reporting out weekly metrics for current car quality deliverables. The ultimate task is to improve current and future quality of our cockpit system.
Lead regular sessions with suppliers and in-house design engineers to drive engineering changes to improve quality performance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead Cockpit Quality team and deliverables/metrics
* Lead Cockpit DFMEA activities for new and updates driven by lessons learnt
* Monitor that complete process is followed from discovering issue to containing, permanent corrective action, lessons learnt into Bill of Design, DFMEA and updated requirements.
* Set-up and run Cockpit specific Quality dashboard
* Run regular internal quality reviews within the Agile squad framework
* Drive our suppliers for improved quality via metrics and regular reviews.
* Developing lesser experienced members within the Cockpit quality team
* Support the development of future cockpit processes that drive further efficiencies.
* Lead specific cross functional problem-solving activities.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Experience in managing & driving engineering quality improvements
* Green Belt 6 sigma minimum
* Experience in DFMEA authoring.
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
* A detailed understanding of Engineering Standards.
* Black Belt 6 sigma
* Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues
* Agile working knowledge.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
* A good understanding of the AIMS, Digi buck, visualisation in 3DX